5 things I wish someone had told me before moving to Australia

 

Moving to a new country is exciting, nerve-racking, courageous, and frightening all at the same time. To be honest, leaving everything you know behind to immerse yourself in a foreign culture is difficult.
I'm an American living in Melbourne, and while I enjoy surprises and learning new things on my own, here are some things I wish I knew before moving to Australia. Righto!

XEM THÊM :

Sự Thật Về Game Vua Bai 86 Uy Tín Hay Lừa Đảo 💥

Using Facebook Groups to Find Work

If you're having trouble finding work in Australia, Facebook is a great place to start. For example, if you live in Melbourne and want to be an Au Pair, simply type "au pairs in Melbourne" into the Facebook search bar and you'll find a few groups that post babysitting and nanny jobs in the area. If you're not sure what you want to do for work, you can be extremely broad and search "job board Melbourne" to find a job that interests you. This tip is applicable to most cities in Australia. Remember to keep your resume up to date!

Pay for gasoline after you've pumped it.

I'll never forget the first time I filled up my car in Australia. I looked all over the pump for where I could insert my credit card so I could fill up my car. I must have appeared stupid. When I finally approached the service station cashier for assistance, she told me, "Mate, you need to pump the gas first." You should have seen the look on my face. Lesson learned: pump gas first, then pay.

If you're an American, try learning kilometers, kilograms, and degrees Celsius.

I'll never understand why every country doesn't use the same metric system; it's been an annoyance for me (as an American) since moving to Australia. When it comes to converting this stuff, Google is basically my best friend. But most of the time, I wish I had known everything ahead of time.

You won't get an Australian accent, but you will learn a lot of slang.

Sorry to break it to you, but moving here is unlikely to result in you acquiring a lovely Australian accent. Ugh. However, you will learn a slew of words that will lead your friends back home to believe you are Australian (or weird, whatever). Put on your bathing suit, and we'll go get a slush puppy at the beach!

Australians are extremely trustworthy, generous, and fearless.

I knew Australians were cool, but it took moving here to realize they're legends. They are always willing to assist, making your life as a foreigner much easier. Find some Aussie friends because they will show you a great time in their country!

READ ARTICLES :

https://why-is-travel-important-to-life.blogspot.com/2022/08/best-places-to-go-shopping-in-manila.html

https://why-is-travel-important-to-life.blogspot.com/2022/08/manila-intramuros.html

https://why-is-travel-important-to-life.blogspot.com/2022/08/binondo.html

https://why-is-travel-important-to-life.blogspot.com/2022/08/spiral-restaurant-manila.html

https://fo0dndishes.blogspot.com/2022/08/iconic-australian-foods-you-must-try.html


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

In sickness and in health, dogs are our best friends.

3 Best Book to Help You Find the Meaning of Life

Inspirational Movie Quotes That Teach You Valuable Life Lessons